Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why Daddy? - Devotional 87



It seems like this year and the beginning of 210 will be a year for me to overcome things, with the power of God.
The first example of this is too live in this world, with people that aren't Christian. Secondly leading a busy life... Lastly my home life and the way I was raised it came back to all haunt me....
I'm not trying to make my parents look like the enemy , I'm just asking God what he thinks about the whole situation. My parents are the type that get the biblical wires crossed. What do I mean? They go one way on the word, take for instance,


Prov 13:24: "He that spare his rod hate his son: but he that loveth him chastisement him. It seems like that's where the buck stops. Because of misunderstanding they don't understand their form of discipline is actually hurting the child.

Let's take a look at God's word.

Discipline and instruction are integral parts of parenting. Proverbs 13:24 says, “He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.” Children who grow up in undisciplined households feel unwanted and unworthy. They lack direction and self-control, and as they get older they rebel and have little or no respect for any kind of authority, including God's. “Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death” (Proverbs 19:18). At the same time, discipline must be balanced with love, or children may grow up resentful, discouraged, and rebellious (Colossians 3:21). God recognizes that discipline is painful when it is happening (Hebrews 12:11), but if followed by loving instruction, it is remarkably beneficial to the child. “Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).

Yet again, I am not trying to put a bad name to my parents they just have be instructed in a variety of other ways as well. This way proper communication is adhere and children respond kindly, not due to fear, but out of true respect and honour for their fathers and mothers.


No comments:

Post a Comment