Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Like Gym rat John - Devotional 92




This is going to seem very silly, but I have pictured myself in a ring, fighting for what I believe. This image that I am explining to you is a constant dream that I have. In your dreams you always come out looking like a hero. My dreams are different. Why would I be always dreaming of fighting in the ring? Have the years of watching Sly Stallione as Rocky finally rubbed off on me. Was it just a fantasy.
Was it the all american holmsome image of Hulk Hogan, OR was it John Cema thjat finally got me in the gym? It's true. John was th dude that truly gave me a sense of intensity to get involved in the gym and fitness. Now I have heard all the critics , "You can't your too small. You won't last. I love my dad's response "You won't go far, because you never listened to me."


Thats true. I nver did listen t my dad when he told me to workout and the reason why that is, is because everytime I would train with dad he would turn it into some big chore. So I really didn't hav the aspiratins to me like my father wanted me to be.

Call me crazy , but if your in fitness. Your in fitness because you love it. So in that instance I had to do it on my own.
I had many people come upto me and say my work ethic is insane, because of the physocal challenge that I face everyday in Cerebral Palsy, people are amazed how I don't complain. The truth is, I watched a vodeo of John in the gym, I saw it on YouTube, and from that video, I would decide to be exactly like John, minus the hair dew. Because some people can pull off the shaved head, I'm not one o those guys." But also because of my physical perdiciment that I was in,I wanted to prove to people that anything is possible and in the process, maybe inspire them just like John did for me. I'm not one to get all bible thumpery on you, but I actually did read bible to see what it said about fitness. And I thought after my research was done, ok maybe I'm susposed to really inspire people.


The verse I looked up, 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)
19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

That was all the encouragement I needed, so I began to go to the gym. But often when life gets hectic you become busy. Mayb not so much time for the gym. Does that mean you just give it up, NO keep going. A close friend once said to me "Life is not a dress rehersal , you only get one shot. So wouldn't it make sense to put your body in top physical condition so you can enjoy your life and good health?

1 comment:

  1. wow that was awesome and theres also one more verse that goes with it to but im gona hae to look it up though. But yeah you dont have to go to a gm but working out is fun thouh especially when your doing bcause you love it and Christ is in the picture so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete