Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bare your cross if you want follow - Devotional 89



When it is so hard to let go, you try everything to get things back to the way things were. This is something I had to learn and it has not come easy to me , to say the least. Bare you cross , to me means to follow Jesus, but to follow Jesus , I would realize before I would be worthy to do that, I would have to deny myself. I'm sure you heard the old saying once in your lifetimes. "Life is not fair." Its true, I'm think I am a bit behind the game, in knowing what Jesus really meant in the instance where he commands his disciples to bare their crosses if they want follow. The truth is when it comes down to it, No one ever really wants to give up their lives and take up the cause for Christ.

Let me briefly explain to you how I came to know about this. I went through 8 months of depression, I felt lonely, lost, confused, tired, tired and oh yeah did I mention I was tired? I was on what humans call autopilot. But as I would soon learn autopilot is only the beginning of a storm. As things got worse for me, I tried everything to look for the next solution or as the addicts call it "a fix." I had an established eating plan, vitamins, herbs, natural foods. I did this because the world eventually get on my nerves, everything would anger me. So I tried a vitamin here, a supplement there it became a continuing process of emotion, confusion and exhaustion.

I read books with only same result. They all had no real impact on me. The only book that really help clear my head was the bible. But there was a problem with me , because I was in depression for so long I had a lot of the faith that made me have strength in God. I quickly came to realize that its not about finding a special supplement to make your life easier, but the word of God and your faith. God asked me to quit operating by the systems of the world, and follow him.

This past summer, I prayed everyday to get closer to God, but I got a little more than I bargained for. I had no idea that a simple prayer to God from me. I should have been more clear. To me this was God's ultimate test to see if I could follow.

So as you begin to pray for God's blessings be sure your ready for what he has in store for you. A.W. Tozer once said; "Before God uses a man , he must first break the man." If you want to follow God be prepared to bare your cross. With that in mind I am reminded that we as Christians have three enemies , The world, Satan , and ourselves.

Mathew 16:22-25

Matthew 16:22-25 (New International Version)

22Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"

23Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25For whoever wants to save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.

Also:

“[Treasures in Heaven] "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”- Matthew 6:19-21


____________________________________________________________________________________
"EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT WITH YOUR EYES ON CHRIST."
____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment