Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

In the name of Jesus Who? - Devotional 95


Have you ever questioned faith? Chances are, if your lived even one life, you at least explored the possibilities and questions of matters concerning faith. Now does that make naive? No not all, it makes you human. In the world of now with all the technologies my hope is that you are familiar with Facebook. Now a days if you want to know whats going on with the rest of the world right from the comfort of your computer screens, check out facebook. While on Facebook one day I had a message posted on my FB main page, what God wants you to know on this day.

This caught the eye appeal of my friend and he asked me question , whether I am Catholic or Christian? Here's my response to him, I think were all the same man, Everybody out there whether they admit or not. They want to believe in something. Its human wonder to question. I am ITALIAN and although that has been brought through the ringer many times, It is assumed that because I am Italian I'm catholic. Truth be told that it was I was baptized as. As you come to your own you ... See Morebeen to gain a sense of knowledge and prospective I'm not trying to bash Catholics, just from what I seen in my experiences ONLY some Catholics just like the title. To them its kind of like a free pass, they go to masses on Easter and Christmas. But with that Ideal, there is no responsibility or need for respect. I always something deeper to go on and its more difficult but its worth it. So currently I am Christian and I don't plan on changing anytime soon. I'm not going to get all bible thumbery on you but the biggest thing I can do is show your respect to the man upstairs, and in order to understand I read the bible like everyday. For me a devotional that I write is the truest form of respect, because its me applying what I know from the bible and what impact the bible leaves on me that day.
At the same time it is the hardest thing to do, because you have to contend with people that don't necessarily believe in what you believe.
I for one know what its like to have one faith challenged. I've lost many friends over my faith. For me I just try to do the best I can , and if has questions, bring em on. I have open discussions alll the time with people. Some good some bad but were never perfect anyway.

That's the short answer and trust me when I say this , THAT'S the short answer.

His response was well both of Catholics and Christians, are sadly mistaken in believing in what they do, not to judge you or say your wrong, but both of those religions are so dirty it's not even funny, I'd feel more like a sinner listening to that gibberish, they constantly lie, no offense, the bible today, is straight up bullshit lies, and not even the full ... See Mo reversion so theirs no point there, haven't you always wondered why there's no female t estimates? and to believe in a region that is completely hypocritical on themselves, who used to kill their own kind, I really find it hard to believe or even acknowledge that religion. Let alone if there was a higher being one who created all, then do you think we could even comprehend it in any form or way? i believe in something bigger then us.

I responded much like this.
I totally get ya man, the sort of the half truths and whole lies. I understand that completely. Its part of the church fault and part of the peoples fault. I hate the idea of prosperity preaching. I"m not into condemning every either. There has to be a balance. I hate to say this but alot of people go to church today for the wrong reasons. They want to hear a good message, of wealth and success. The truth is being in any type of faith like really truly believing in it. Is harder than it looks.

First instance, I am christian but I don't have all the answers, I'm not always happy its a constant struggle of sacrifices. I do feel that you are right on women testimonies.
I think the reason that is because by in the time of Jesus, there was no such thing as a woman preacher. Alot of the bible before Jesus had to do with Jewish traditions.
... See More
I get this one question all the time and until recently through a series of research I didn't know the answer. The question is What happened to the missing years of Jesus. Its a question everybody wants to know right. Well in Jewish tradition form what I understand, it is common for a baby boy to talked about and than his life preaching. The reason why that is because Jewish people really didn't care about the 18 years. To them it wasn't important.
For example Superman: Until the start of Small ville everybody only knew Kent as a superhero and a news reporter. They really didn't discuss his childhood until SMALL VILLE. So in that yes I think the bible is a bit scewed but that's why Jesus came along to shake things up. So people could truly understand and believe without just plain traditions.
Put it this, I'm Italian but it doesn't mean I eat spaghetti for breakfast, lunch and supper and wash it down with a bottle of wine.

He than would respond like this. ya man but like Jesus alone, like the concept of him is very far fetched at best, and they actually have women testaments, they're just in the vaults, still in scroll form. Dunno just a very discussing two cultures to me.


With that I look towards the book of acts to answer his questions.

Acts 2
The Holy Spirit Comes at Pentecost
1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

5Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. 6When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. 7Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? 8Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs-we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" 12Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

13Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine.[b]"
Peter Addresses the Crowd
14Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! 16No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:
17" 'In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
18Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
19I will show wonders in the heaven above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
20The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
21And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.'[c]

22"Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men,[d] put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25David said about him:
" 'I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
27because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
28You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence.'[e]

29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,[f] that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear. 34For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said,
" 'The Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
35until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet." '[g]

36"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ."

37When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?"

38Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call."

40With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation." 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
The Fellowship of the Believers
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.


Peter Heals the Crippled Beggar
1One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon. 2Now a man crippled from birth was being carried to the temple gate called Beautiful, where he was put every day to beg from those going into the temple courts. 3When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for money. 4Peter looked straight at him, as did John. Then Peter said, "Look at us!" 5So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.

6Then Peter said, "Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." 7Taking him by the right hand, he helped him up, and instantly the man's feet and ankles became strong. 8He jumped to his feet and began to walk. Then he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. 9When all the people saw him walking and praising God, 10they recognized him as the same man who used to sit begging at the temple gate called Beautiful, and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.
Peter Speaks to the Onlookers
11While the beggar held on to Peter and John, all the people were astonished and came running to them in the place called Solomon's Colonnade. 12When Peter saw this, he said to them: "Men of Israel, why does this surprise you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk? 13The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. 14You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. 15You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. 16By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

17"Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ[a] would suffer. 19Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.'[b]

24"Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel on, as many as have spoken, have foretold these days. 25And you are heirs of the prophets and of the covenant God made with your fathers. He said to Abraham, 'Through your offspring all peoples on earth will be blessed.'[c] 26When God raised up his servant, he sent him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."






No comments:

Post a Comment