Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Praise in times of peril- Devotional 103



In a world where it says people are Christian more on their facebook profiles, my space and twitter pages than written on their hearts. The world seems to be walking around with a blindfold on. No that's not to offend anybody it's just to point out the obvious. This world has turned into more people chasing after the next big payout and than get it any cost, even to the point of burnout.

But when the burnout stage is reached, how does that make people happy? In fact I do believe that when people reach the burnout stage, they are not happy , in fact they are the complete opposite end of the spectrum, they are grumpy and usually want some rest. That is if they don't plug some Red Bull into them first.

But happens to Christians when they feel overwhelmed and burden? Do they cower and hide inside a shell. No they do the opposite. BE BOLD. I say this because a lot of Christians today are afraid of what they say and what the world might think, well Christians it is time for a wake up call. What does that mean? Simple it is written in the word of God that not to worry about what to say, because if your heart is one after God, than Jesus himself will speak through you and give you the words to say.

Than you say Anthony, it seems like everybody is against me , they make a million decisions, they always get mad at me. I say to you that's OK. Be Patient, Be Stead fast and be glued to the good book like you are to You-Tube. I want you remember two things. "Greater he who is you than who is the world. If God is for you than who can be against you?"

Now you may say that Anthony, I'm loosing control. I feel captive what do I do. STAND FIRM! How? Good question take a look at this video.



So whats your point, Anthony? My point is that with God NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.
Look at this short video about the imprisonment of Paul and Silas.




Acts 16:20-26 (New International Version)

20They brought them before the magistrates and said, "These men are Jews, and are throwing our city into an uproar 21by advocating customs unlawful for us Romans to accept or practice."

22The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten. 23After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24Upon receiving such orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose.




No comments:

Post a Comment