Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Monday, June 22, 2009

COVER OF THE ROLLING STONE- Devotional 42





Have ever wondered what it would be like to be famous? To have screaming fans charge you for autographs on the streets. What if you became a famous rock musican, how would you feel. I have a couple questions for you. What do you consider great music? What influence or lasting impact does music have on you? No this devotional is not about hating secular music, because lets face it people, some music is just SO good. In the place of bibles we have mp3 players, in the place of TV we have Youtube. In the place of the gospel song amazing grace, we have Green Day's Jesus of Suburbia. Cleary for christians Christ number one in their lives. Why shouldn't Jesus on the cover of the Rolling Stone? I know what some people may think of Christian music, some people may think its just not their style, its a genre filled with banjos. "I'm not down with that, its too old school for me. It seems like anytime Jesus makes into a magazine, it seems like the only magazine good enough to discuss "The Jesus topic," Is magazines like National Geographic, - what's that old saying "coutroversy creates cash."

Let me give you a small list of Christian Musicans

Lecrae
KJ52
Manefest
Kutless
Rebecca St. James
Paramore
Skillet
Jeremy Camp
Casting Crowns
Rachel Lampa
Thousand Foot Krutch
Switchfoot
TBone
Merecy Me
Superchick
Micheal W. Smith
33 Miles
Kids in the way
Building 429
Group 1 Crew
Fireflight
Pilar

Now to me that seems like quite a great lineup of artists... So where are they?



Now one of my favouite movies Almost famous, and there is a reason, because I am fighting for a place the Radio and music industry. I watch the movie Almost famous quite often for the very simplist of ideas that I may get to better my status in the Radio Broadcasting industry. I surround myself with music, think i'm joking trust me I'm not I only watch an hour of TV a day, the rest of the day is spent with my headphones on listening to music , different genres and such.
Its all for preperation to better my status ibn the Radio Broadcasting industry.
My goal in life is to live out my ultimate passion since the age of 16, SPEAK and play music.

Here now is the Almost Famous trailer....



Here is Green Days's - Jesus of Suburbia



Here is Tbone - Name Dropping


Now you may wonder why I'm writing a devotional like this, three words Evangelism Taskn Force summer challenge. No I'm not going to pour oil on your head, I'm just asking you to try listen to a ChristiaN artist. The great thing about this summer challenge is, its simple to do and no one gets hurt.


With that in mind as we look at Pslam 100 it says,

Psalm 100 (New Living Translation)

Psalm 100
A psalm of thanksgiving.
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

From my experience - I will say this , Christian music, really is a "JOYFUL NOISE."

No comments:

Post a Comment