Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Monday, December 28, 2009

Take me away Inkheart - Devotional 84


Ink heart is a film based on great imagination , adventure, action, good twists and turns with an all around good plot. Now why do I bring this up, simple really when the world becomes to overwhelming for Christians. As it often does not only should we take a few steps back and allow ourselves to re-focus.


With that in mind I'm going to tell you a little story.
First I have a question for you.
When's the last time you picked up a good book?
When's the last time you let your imagination run wild when reading a book?
I have come to the conclusion that the world as we know is falling into a trap.
How does this happen? Through the power of the media. This is the very reason a society feels helpless. On a daily basis, there are more terrorizing news reports.

Don't believe me watch this?





It seems to me that when we were kids, we were read books from our school teachers, books like Goosebumps, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Outsiders, Flowers of Algernon, 50 Below. The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Angels & Demons , The Da Vinci Code. The Borne series. Why less and less of imagination being lead by the actions. It seems to me that a society has to recognize that fantasy, and imagination might save the world as we know. It may allow us a society to stop walking in fear. Afraid to turn on the TV. It may allow us to get in touch with our childlike selves.

Matthew 18:2-9 (New International Version)

2He called a little child and had him stand among them. 3And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5"And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. 6But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

7"Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to sin! Such things must come, but woe to the man through whom they come! 8If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

I personally watched the movie Inkheart just now and I said to think that's why so many Christians are focused and alert. Because they are not focused on the way the world turns but on Jesus. With that, that's how people lighten their heart. Read the word over and over again , you will see what Jesus has in store for each of us.






No comments:

Post a Comment