Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

He will not Forsake you! - Devotional 77


So this past four months have not been the easiest for me. I suffered from severe stress. I was in a world I did not belong. I fell in some with some bad people. I confronted them on their behavior and they made my life "pure hell and so stressful." I felt like my insides were tearing me apart from the inside out. Little did I know that I was getting signals from God to TAKE ACTION! I never did, I never even took it to God in prayer. So because I didn't take to God in prayer , so he didn't forsake me, I forsake him. I felt unbalanced and so I went to the nutrition store and the local wellness stores. I was consumed by stress, and than Christmas break came and I felt forsaken , by my family because they didn't believe any of the issues were going on. On top of that, I had an argument, so you can imagine the stress in both houses. To cope with the stress I turned to devotional writing, reading scripture and health books. I found something out very interesting from a book I was reading, entitled Stress - Less Written by Don Colbert M.D. In Colbert's book I would learn on page 18 and chapter 3 that God created the Fight- or Flight in the human body so that man could defend himself. We don't face attacks from animals anymore, but we-have the stress of business and financial. family argument and even school , the body reacts. This is evident.

I would learn after reading the book that it is not healthy to cope with that stress.

After reading that, I am reminded of this scripture

Matthew 6:24-34 (New International Version)

24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment