Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

How far can stretch before reaching the breaking point? -Devotional 59



How far can you stretch before you've reached the breaking point? That is a fair question to ask anyone, who deals with either stress , depression or other unfortunate circumstances. I recently read this book Help Me I'm STRESSED by Joyce Meyer. My mom could see that I was stressed. So she gave me that book as a gift to get over it. I didn't help, but what it did help me realize is that I was stressed. When did this all occur? It occured after I suffered an injury to my pectoral muscle. An injury I suffered in the gym while lifting 180 lbs on the shoulder press. Now to do that well. I had to cheat and basically using every muscle in my body I did it. I was so proud of that accomplishment. I texted like 15 of my friends that day. But because the weight was too much for me I did more damage than good to my muscles. Now you may ask yourself, well Anthony why would you lift 180 lbs??? Are you crazy. The reason I lifted 180 lbs to begin with, was because I was trying to show myself up. I was trying to push myself beyond what my limits are. The whole reason I started to go to the gym was because I had one goal in mind. "Your body is the temple of God, honour God with your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Needless to say, my actions of over abusing the weights, was not helping myy body at all. I tell you at the end of the pectoral tear, I didn't feel like much of a temple. The night I tore my muscle, I was in extreme pain, I ended up toughing it out for so long, but at 5:30 A.M. I called emerge and spend the next 4 hrs getting checked out. Indeed the doctors did say I tore my pectoral muscle and than I went to rehab for two months. It sucked , but it was working. But hold on folks, I haven't evem got the punch-line of this dramatic experience. Because I was injuried, I was ordered by the doctors to "STAY AWAY FROM THE GYM." Which was difficult for me , because I was given a very intense and strong upbringing as a child to make fittness a high priority. So due to the fact that I couldn't go to the gym I sat around and moped. I eventually would have dreams that reach a stage of depression. Dreams of intense sadness. That cost me many nights of no sleep. I am a very emotional person. But I also keep my emotions bottled up , I don't get them out. I do this, because I am after all a guy. I thought I had reached a low point in my life and it was just going to continue to spiral out of control henceforth. Yes I did say "hence." To get out of this depression, I tried everything, the bible, the church, books, talking to friends everything but medication. Because yes I was struggling but I also knew that my body is a temple. If I did that in my belief it would tarnish my temple. One day I spoke to my friend over the phone, about this and he said something very interesting. When I said to him not even the bible is working for me. He quickly said to me, yes maybe it is not working because what your needing isn't in there. To be honest , he was right , I wanted a quick fix , I just wasn't getting that at all. I didn't know why. I still went to search for answers from some of the most famous preachers known across the world. Nothing had seemed to clue me in. No matter what though I always felt safe at home. Then I out of desperation I talk with GodThis last for about two hours. I than read the armor of God and fell to sleep and I noticed something, when I was kept busy with things to do and open about my feelings I rested. The same could not be said for when I didn't speak up.
As you can imagine I did everything I can to clue in, I listened to the song "change" by Lecare and all though I have heard the song many times, this time it really spoke to me, its as if the song was written just for me. Just listen to the lyrics and tell me if you see where my prospective changed.




When I looked at this scripture it spoke to me with great conviction. That proved to me if you come Jesus and ask with all your heart , God will make what than seems to be impossible , possible.
Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

New International Version (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment