Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Picking yourself up with the building blocks of faith - Devotional 54


I Anthony Sicilia have become what the experts call a true Christian. Thats right I got dunked in water and everything. I love God. I was ready to experience God on a whole new level. Finally I came into the faith, and I was so pleased because at the time it was the right thing to do. I was sin free my soul was as white as snow. For once I didn't have to come to Christ, because it was cool or the popular thing to do. But I came to Christ, because I had realized the darkness that I was in, when living according the standards of the world. I did not like it at all. I never felt a low until now, that doesn't mean I have little faith now, it just means I am suffering for the cause of Christ. People and I have to come to realize that in this world, if you proclaim to be saved through the grace of Jesus than you and I together have to come to a deep understanding thats its not always going to be easy. The reason why that is we are still human. So I started to ask God, why do I go through this? Have I done something, I feel so far from you. All day long, I watch darkness as it clouds around me. I start to wonder when are you going to give the light that I need to see into the dark? I wish to be the light of the world. For I have you as an example, I am one with the body of Christ. In you I know what the Law is and why it stands, in you I know kindness. Sometimes I wish to throw myself at your feet. But I am not even good enough to tie your sandals. Let me worship, let me tell the world how you can soften their hardend hearts. Let me tell the world how Jesus died for their sins. Let me be an example for mankind, the way Christ was the example for me, and like so many others before me.

2 Corinthians 12:6-10 (New International Version)
6Even if I should choose to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will think more of me than is warranted by what I do or say.

7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.




No comments:

Post a Comment