Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

There is no need for OLD rules - Devotional 56



What exacrtly the acient rules? Most people would call them the laws of church or the law of God. This morning I was sitting on a chair, reflecting on true and false covertion when it came to beconing a Christian. I started to wonder maybe the reason why people think the rules are so hard to follow. Is because they were created so long ago.
In essence people always are searching to recieve something in return for their goodness.
For instance the gospel of Jesus is not what is being preached today. What is being preached to the church is God is a kind and loving God. He wants to bless you with great health and wealth. Thats only half the truth and whole lies. Why do I sat whole lies because if you preach God's goodness all the time your idolizing and making a God to serve your purposes. In essence you created a feel good Jesus. I have a secret fir you, drugs do the same thing do addicts.

So why was Jesus's teaching to the Jews so effective. Simple he spoke to their intelect and hearts directly. Alot of the people of today's church, only want the Good news God's great and such. With no mention of sin or repentance, how will a person if they have done wrong.

In reguards to believing God's word 100% I have Genesis 18:10-15 (New International Version)

10 Then the LORD [a] said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son."
Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master [b] is old, will I now have this pleasure?"

13 Then the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' 14 Is anything too hard for the LORD ? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son."

15 Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, "I did not laugh."
But he said, "Yes, you did laugh."


I leave you with these words. You never to old to trust God's word.

Remember my friends, everything is alright with your eyes on Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment