Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Tradition isn't the mission Devotional 17 Colossians 2:8




I have a couple of questions for you, 1. Who do you think Jesus is?
This question was brought to my attention after hearing KJ52 Daily Bible reading.
I can tell you one thing it made think. God often challenges us on a daily basis but how often are we listening? As I sit here about to eat an apple and hearing the sounds of KJ52 song I got it, got it, I often wonder, do we really got it?

Why do I bring this issue up? Well it seems to me that the secular society is split in two sections. One group of people want to live for themselves and still want all the perks that go along with believing in God. Than there is the other people who could care less, for the sake of a point lets call them Atheists.

I come from an Italian family very rich , in tradion. It is common in my huge Italian family for young babies to get baptized this a seen as a sign of respect in the eyes of God and the church. But next to that , thats pretty much it. After the baptism life pretty much begins as normal.

Often in Italian families there are very strong high morals for God. It is understood in famiiles such as mine, respect for God is the common first rule of an Italian household. After that is understood we are all kind of left doing our own thing we live life with no real sense of direction. All we know is what we are taught. What we are taught is to respect God. But see here's where the problem is , nobody knows how to go about it in my family.

1. Is it reading the Bible?
2. Is it going to church?
3. Is it praying?

I have a answer to all three of those questions. The answers is NO.
Its not a specific duty you do that pleases God.
He not going judge you if you went into church with sweats or a suit.
He is looking for one more thing, that people seem to forget, he's looking for a connection with people like you and me.

Its not going to chutch that pleases God, Don't just go to church because you have to. In a sense of that it feels like a chore more than anything else. Be happy because you GET to go to church.

Don't read the Bible and be done with it. Anybody can read a book, but not everyone can read a Bible.
So whats the secret? - How do you read a Bible? You desire to read it. Thats the big secret you have to desire to want to read the Bible.

In Prayer- Don't pray because you want something. If you do something like that its kind of like creating one big long Christmas list.
What I always do is a praise an than pray.


Colossians 2:8 (New International Version)

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.




Through that the real passion for Christ can be seen.
So I ask you Who do you think Jesus is?

("Anthony*)

No comments:

Post a Comment