Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Don't Stray Devotional 13



Hello world! Anthony is back again for another post.
Due to recent events and a recent devotional entitled cafeteria christian the topic under discussion for today is Don't stray Remember Jesus For that we will be look at Pslams 40: 1, 2, 3. To reflect, there was plenty of anger when I posted to my status on Facebook. The status read something like this, Anthony is disappointed in Iowa's gay marrige bill. Wheres God at? Soddom and Gomorrah part 2.
With all being said , within 30 minutes I recieved 76 comments about my facebook status. Most of which were people complaining and outragged at me for what had been postede. But make no mistake about it, I do stand by what I said. God comes first, the people second. It was my opinion , I didn't ask for the comments of rage. Most were outragged at me because they never took the time to understand how I was feeling at that time. They just spit words of anger at me using the bible. Thats not what the bible is used for people. Anyway I explained my situation to my friend Amanda and she said that was good that I defended God. We started talking and I told her that I wanted to be involved in Christian radio. I was thinking of the impact I wanted to make on Christian music, so I did a random search through Pslams.
I started to read Pslams 40:1, 2, 3. Those little verses although not long , gave me courage to press on. 1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.


2 He brought me up also out of a horrible pit,
out of the miry clay,
and set my feet upon a rock,
and established my goings.


3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth,



Broken down into plain English
1. Can be understood as I waited for the Lord to finally hear me.
2. Can be understood as, he picked up by the hands and made him known to me at my lowest point. He revealed himself to me. He gave me a church which can be understood as my rock. Matthew 16:18 (New International Version)
18And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it.[c]
3. He put a song in my mouth can be understood as to glorify Christian music, because I am not part of the secular world anymore.

I have posted songs that I would like to play for Christian radio. #1- 43.
I have also posted a video explaining my devotional.





Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones









("Anthony")

No comments:

Post a Comment