Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Its better to burn out than to fade away Devotional 9





This devotional that I am about to bring to you hit me like a ton of bricks that hit me upside the head. Recently I have gotten good news, I have been accepted into the radio program that I so badly wanted and have tried now to go into for two years. I have worked so hard and I felt so blessed to get a second chance, so I was determined to anything possible to get in. Your enterance into the program is determined by your portfolio that you present. I really wanted to make a great one so that the professors wouldn't have a chance to say no. To do that I took steps to revamp my portfolio. I applied the year before and I did not get accepted, to say the least I was disappointed. But looking back on the previous presentation of my portfolio there's is no way that I would accept me into the program. So to get this second chance to go into radio was a huge boast of happiness for me. With that being said it got me thinking if I was given a second chance to give it all I got, to do that I thought I needed to re-invent myself. But a friend reminded me today , not to become too overwhelmed by everything. Just use what you have.

Reading tonights devotional entitled ,



When Robert Klose first moved into his 100-year-old house, its strange sounds were disconcerting. A carpenter told him the house was crooked. Klose admitted, “I could see it in the floors, the ceilings, the roofline, the door jambs, even the window frames. Drop a ball on the floor and it will roll away into oblivion.” Seventeen years later, the house is still holding together and he has gotten used to it and even grown to love it.

In Revelation, Jesus confronted a church that had become accustomed to its crooked spirituality and had even grown to love its inconsistencies. Laodicea was a well-to-do city. Yet that very wealth led to its delusion of self-sufficiency. This had bled into the culture of the church and produced a crooked, “we don’t need Jesus” type of spirituality. Therefore, Jesus rebuked these believers, calling them “lukewarm, . . . wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked” (3:16-17). He rebuked them because He loved them and still wanted an ever-deepening communion with them. So He gave them opportunity to repent (v.19).

If self-sufficiency has skewed your fellowship with Jesus, you can straighten it through repentance and a renewal of intimate fellowship with Him. — Marvin Williams

Not to the world is the portion
Of fellowship sweet with God,
But to the humble believer
Who trusts in His faithful Word. —Anon.

Repentance is God’s way of making the crooked straight.



Hearing that made me think of this verse....


20'Behold, I stand (A)at the door and (B)knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, (C)I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment