Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Can you PRAY? - Devotional # 5

7 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU PRAY.....















Have you ever taken the time out of your day to Pray?
Have you ever really prayed?
Do you know what to pray for?
Do you know how to pray?
Is God listening to words you speak?
Do you know what you want to pray for?
Do you know what you need when you pray?

Do you know of anybody who doesn't believe because their prayers weren't answers.
How does anybody know what to pray for even more so how to pray?
How do you even start to pray?
Whats your style of prayer?
Do you shout at the Lord?
Do you sit in silence?
Do you bow your head?
Do you shut your eyes?
Do you speak in tonuges?
Do you praise God in prayer?
Do you pray out of want?

Do you wants out weigh your needs?
I had a discussion about this very subject "Wants Vs Needs with a professor of mine and when I say disscussion what I mean to say is we had a lecture about this topic. If I was listening at all what I could gather from the topic that day is everyone has needs , and everyone has wants?
I was told your needs and wants can be applied to almost every aspect in life. Take for example I ask God for a car because it will help me get around town better. Well lets take a closer look at this request. If I say to God I want a car, because it will help me get around town better, what will his answer be. Well first off he could think that I might just want the car to get around and "be cool." Or I could use the bus to get from point A to point B. There is a time that yes God could bless me with a new car if he wanted to a A Dodge Viper would be nice to have in the driveway one day. On the other hand I could take the car for granted and praise the car more than I would praise God. In the grand scheme of things how would that look on my part? How would God feel if I became prideful about the car. When praying it's better to have a heart without words, than words without heart.

With that in mind Tonight we look at the verse RomAnd the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words.ans 8:26


As KJ-52 once said "Its all in how you word it."
Think about this the next time you pray....

("A")

No comments:

Post a Comment