Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Whats up with Aman



Once and for all I'm going set the record straight.
Some people have asked me lately whats up with the name A-man. I assure all of you it is not a typo an I do know how to spell Amen. So where do you ask did A-man come from? I've had a variety of nicknames that always described to people my personality. The first nickname I was given was Antwan. That was given to me by my father who for some reason would use a french accent when saying it. Yeah you can kinda get the picture Italian people speaking French not a very good combonation.


In '92 I recieved my second nickname Rocky this was given by Beven Simpson and Blaze Lewis. Blaze said it fit me perfectly because I wouldn't take anything from anybody no matter how small I was, now keep in mind I was only 3ft5 at the time. The second reason I was given the nickname Rocky, Blaze said and I quote "Rocky has the eye of the tiger and he never looses.


This name came in handy in '94 the classics of Rocky. What are the classics of Rocky, well I can tell you this they be featured on ESPN anytime soon although I think they should be. So what exactly are the Rocky classics. Lets take you back to '94 in a French class is where it all began. We as a class had a French Mrs. Stuart. In that class you get away with anything, swearing , spitballs , fighting, talking to much you name it. All Mrs. Stuart would do is write your name on the board. I'm sure Beven knows a little something about that. The Rocky classics simply a brawl that broke out in the middle of French class every single day. Now the fights involved myself attacking Brent Nurse. I do it in numerous ocasians and if you ask me why. I would say this Brent was always good at pushing my buttons. Now as you can imagine the fights were seen by everyone in class. At that point very loud and you could hear the sounds of the people watching cheer an say "Go Anthony, Kill 'em!!! The other half was trying to pull me away from Brent. Now when all this was going the teacher was still teaching and we as students could care less. We all hated French class, but the attendance was high. I think the attendance was so good in that class, they wanted to see me snap again.
I think through time it became a game for Brent to know whether he could say the right things to set me off on a rampage of anger.


The third nickname was not really nickname it was simply a sentence. "That boy can move." This sentence was used to credit my ability to act fast during a game of prison ball. Thats right people I said Prison ball, not Dodgeball, Prison ball the absolute best game in the entire world and if I had the chance to play it one last time in that gym. I would jump at the chance to go head to head with the classmates.
Mrs Akin decude to describe my speed as "That boy can move.," because I would flip and flop , front rolls, and jump out of the way of the balls coming in my path. Incase your wondering most of the matches ended wiith Brent and I going head to head for the elimination. I think the White Goodman charactor from Dodgebakk was based on me, anybody knew then would have to agree....

The fourth nickname I recieved was Killer...
This name was given to me by Adam Stere, Joe Higham and A.J Barclay. I was given the name Killer one during lunch in the caferteria at Northwestern. Steve Morris I hated at the time sat just one table down from us. He made a serious mistake one day and decided out of the blue to call me "crip." As you can imagine I was pissed off and shot right up from my seat. Just as I was going to go over there to knock his skull in. Joe, Adam A.J. stood up and said, "Its not worth it man easy Killer, easy!

The fifth nickname I reccievd was from Mr. Johnson the science teacher, everytime I would walk to the lab he would Here comes Antonio Bandaras, dude I loved you in the movie Spy Kids. Now I have absolutely no idea why he called me that and still to this day have no idea why.

The sixith nickname I recieved was from my woodshop techer Mr. Ackersviller and Matt you can tell me if its spelled right cause I don't know. This nickname was based off my older brother Michael who people called Taco because they thought he was mexican for some reason. Mr. Ackersvilller knew this and decided to call me Nacho thats right Sara I was called Nacho way before you were. Mr. Ackersviller even went as far as to engrave the nickname into my safety glasses.

The seventh nickname I recieved was Anth. I recieved this from a former friend in Ohio. How did manage to find anybody in Ohio well in 2000, I couple days after I went on search to see if I had any other relatives. Ohio showed up and some reason during my google search I came across a car 'The Studebaker." This was interesting to me because I had heard about the car but never reallly saw a picture of one. So apparently I found one of the relatives to the Studebaker car fortune and we became friends, and I'm going to lie, she was good looking. About six months later she saidf she got tired of saying and typing the name Anthony so she shortened to Anth. I wasn't too sure about it at first but I kinda liked it. It grew on me.

The eighth nickname name I recieved was given to me by Blaze. At this point we were seniors in high school and Blaze thought it would be appripreiate to call me Anthman due to the fact that we grew up together and were no longer boys.

the nineth nickname was given to me by Andrew Keller also known as "Gump" He gave me the nickname Italian Pony because he said no matter how much I try there could be one Italian Stallion and I wasn't it. He appreicated the enthusiasm that I put forth when standing up for what I believe in. He also said I can't be called the Italian because I wasn't big enough, and so I was given the name Italian Pony.


10th I recieved was given by my Uncle Robert. He gave the nickname Don Anthony because we have an Italian hertiage. This is intriqued me because my last name is Sicilia, and as we all known the Sicilian mafia is famous in Italy. So did a series of searches on whether or not I was a relative of a member of the Sicilan Mafia, what I found out that day I can not discuss with you.


11th nickname that given to me was by Dave Small at Conestoga College Stratford Campus. Dave gave me the name Mr. Boondocks. I recieved that name from him , because I would always ramble on in class about how The BoondockSaints is the absolute greatest movie in the entire world..... The movie meant so much to me that I actually did a final project orn religion and the media. The wholr premise of the presentation was based around the Boondock Saints. During the presentation I got a little carried away and instead of showing clips of the movie, I showed the entire movie. Which I'm sure my teacher at the time Lisa enjoyed that very much. I to this day feel like they should be in every major city throughout the entire world. If you haven't seen the movie I tell this to you, don't rent the movie BUY IT!!!! If you just rented your just going to set youself for disappointed because you have to return it. The movie itself deams ti be watched atleast five times. Kyle Thibeault my friend The Deoarted is the best movie of all time, this is one aspect of film that you are WRONG Mr. Thibeault, I don't say this often but The Boondiock Saints , is a "Beautiful masterpiece of violence."

The 12th Nickname that was given to me was also at the Stratford Campus, it was given to me by Dan Paul. I believe Dan gave the nickname because I guess he figured the name Anthony was too long to say and I needed something that sounded cool, and so Dan gave me the nickname A-Dawg! ,

The 13th and final nickname that was given to me as a play on it was a gift given from above I beliebe. About six months ago I was discussing my passion for Radio with Nathan Innes, I mentioned to him that if put on the radio Anthony would not right. I told him what if I called myself Killer and have my own show, the Killing hour. He said Anthony I'm pretty sure you just can;t go around saying on the radio. It got to be something else. I was discouraged but I stilll love you Nathan hahaha but Innes was right I needed something better. So one day I prayed before I went to sleep. As customary I would say Amen to finish off the prayer. I didn't think anything of it, That was until I found meaning in my my through God. I found meaning through music, Constantly I would play songs from Lecrae , Casting Crowns, Rebecca St. James, Kutless, The Cross Movement, Thousand foot krutch, Skillet, Gospel Gangsters, Planet Shakers, Hillsong United, T-Bone. Then because I found so much meaning in those songs I ten waanted to get of socular style of music and wished to work at a Faith station. When Ryan Scott and Josh Fillpe asked me what my name would be if I did indeed want to change it for radio. I had to think about it for a second and I said.... I think A-man would be cool, do you see the play on words people I am a genius or what?
Updated 16 seconds ago - Comment - LikeUnlike
You like this.
Write a comment...
Tag people in this note
Type any name
Or select a person you may have mentioned:
Paul Godkin
Evan Shawn Scott
William James Wigelsworth
Britney Nurse
Steve Pfaff
Andrew Laverty
Ryan Sager
Matt Wakelin
Josh Filipe
Tim Scott
In this note
Brent Nurse
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Blaze Ernest Charles Lewis
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Scott MacAlpine
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Kirsten Anwender
(remove tag)
Steve Morris
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Joe Higham
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Adam Stere
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Adam Russell
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Lisa Coles Nielsen
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Dave Small
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Nathan Innes
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Ryan Scott
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)
Andrew Keller
Notes|Notes About
(remove tag)

No comments:

Post a Comment