Powered By Blogger

My PEEPS!

About Me

My photo
I have been a wrestling fan for nearly 20 years. I am HARDcore fan of WWE. When it comes to the world of professional wrestling I know my stuff and if your a fan of wrestling and you want the inside scoop of wrestling inside news , I am your source for everything wrestling.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The anti drug Jesus Devotional 24



I want to start this devotional off by saying "Physical fittness is a great thing, I think anybody who is anybody should have fittness in there lives."

Its no secret to find out how I was raised, I was rasised more like a machine than anything else by my father. Who was constantly pushing me and eventually drove me into anger rather than desire. Thats what we are sitting here talking about "my desire." As I stated in earlier devotionals I grew and fell in love with the art of wrestling entertainment.
I was the biggest supporters of Superstars like The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Triple H & Steve Austin. There was only one problem I wasn't them, I didnt have the desire my father had for me. I think my fathers reality for my fittness was blurd just a bit. He used make me sit and watch Rocky Ballboa workout, I used to have to watch them religiously.

He said Anthony, one day that could be you. I knew it was never going to be, I was 14 years old and sitting at 80lbs. Somewhere along the line my father got it in his head to train me, even when I didn't want to be or asked to be.
Even though it was tough to do, I did it. When I turned 18 I said I've had enough, You have trained me for 6 years and you got me nowhere. All this did was get my father angry. I came to the conclusion that he had a point to what he was trying to do for me and I had a point to what I was saying.
When I became the age of 22,my family would always comment on my size, "I was never big enough, 'I needed more more muscle, strength." Whatever happened it always came back to the same old story, why can't you be the size of your brothers.
So in a bold act I put my foot down aganist my father. I went on a physical fittness test for three months comparing my father's workouts for me, and actually joining a fittness centre, Goodlife Fittness. My father wanted nothing to do with this test but he said "I will show you that your wrong."

At 23, I began to really get involved in fittness and I loved it, I felt awesome , I was in the best of my life. I even blew away my trainers with progress. To explain to you how overly dedicated I was about this fittness thing. Most days when I wasn't in school you could find me in the gym working out for the next four hours. Now I went that long because I had to work harder to get physically stronger, because I was at a disadvantage as you are well aware of because of my C.P.
I contined to workout and I wanted more and more results, so I went to an old friend and asked if there was anything I do or anything I could take to improve and show my results better. He sugguested a few things, but the most important thing he told me was "This is a marathon not a sprint, keep working hard and your results will come." Martin G.

I was faced with this oppertunity yesterday to enhance my look by taking not only supplments but steroids. I had been thinking about for three weeks. I brought this to my friend Krista she said " Jesus is your anti drug." No word of a lie I had been repeating this one bible verse, "Your body is a temple I just kept repeating it thinking ok so what do I do?
Well I can say this thank goodness for John Cena. Why do I say that? I picked up on something he said while watching RAW last week. "Adapt and overcome." John Cena see this proves I can learn more from the WWE than just the old Hulk Hogan saying "Say your prayers and eat your vitamins."

Wrestling superstar The Rock once a had T-shirt that he wore a few years back and it said I think it said "LIVE FAST, GO HARD, BE STRONG."
The end result being in my case anyway, that I'm going to have to work extra hard at anything I do in life, if I really wanted it. Sure on one side I would like better and faster results but how will I really know if its the steroids and other supplments or as a result of my hard work?
I'm going to take advice from all three WWE superstars. I'm going to pray and ask for Jesus to guide me through workouts, I will adapt and overcome, and I will be strong."

With that in closing I would like to leave you with this scripture.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (New International Version)

19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.



Anthony an Italian who knows Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment